Friday, May 18, 2007

Some tidbits from the Univ of MD...

Just some tidbits from my professor from my Argentina Study Abroad last year, in case anyone travels to Buenos Aires, Montevideo, and Rio de Janiero...

-----------

Dear Benito,

Nice to hear from you. I hope all is well.

I will be in Argentina in early June --we are taking an ACC course for a
comparativie study of Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil.

In Rio after June 26th, we will be staying at the Hotel Vermont (Rua Visconde de
Pirajá 254; telephone (5521) 2522-0057) in Ipanema. In downtown Montevideo,
at the Hotel Alvear (Yi 1372; telephone: (598-02) 902-0244). In Buenos Aires,
as usual, at the Residencia Mayor (Paraguay 3358, tel. (5411) 4963-2982).

In my syllabi, I note that "at the Ezeiza Airport, you should change dollars for
local currency at the Banco Nación immediately after customs, not at the booths
located around the luggage area." To get from the airport to BA, you can take
either an individual car or a shuttle at Manuel Tienda León.

Good luck.

Take care,

Patricio

Roberto Patricio Korzeniewicz
Department of Sociology
University of Maryland
College Park MD 20742
USA

No comments: